Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dress try-ons

I tried on my first wedding dress yesterday. I liked the look of this dress 'Eve' from Brides By Mancini (pic from the Ferrari Formal site), so rang a bridal shop near work and they had one in stock, a size too large but it gave me an idea of how it would look on me. Unfortunately it's too princessy for me; i'm petite and the skirt just looked too puffy. I love the bodice structure though. The girl recommended i try an A-line style instead and brought me one to put on. I don't have a pic of it, but it was similar in style to the Mancini 'Lianne' (but strapless and the bodice was ruched chiffon). Much better. 

I've seen some gorgeous colours too, i'd probably describe them as a pale mocha. Names of colours don't really help much as each designer seems to call it something different. As i'm planning to make my dress i am only limited to what colours the material comes in, so i should be able to find something close.

No comments:

Post a Comment