Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dress design finalised take 2

I had ruched up one side of my dress according to my design, but it just didn't sit right with the material. It looked to me like an afterthought rather than a design feature. So i looked around on Google Images and found the Maggie Sottero Fiorenza dress, and one that i'd describe as a pineapple dress, and another MS dress, Dallas.

I took all the ruching out and then ruched it asymmetrically - ruching up the left side of the dress as you look at it and leaving the right front plain, then the back i gathered at a few points with the last ending on the floor at the train. Here's the pics; it's a bit hard to tell with the stripy material but it's clearer when you're looking at it in person.

I want to drop the waist a little, so it's corsetted down almost to my hips, then adjust the hem so it's not so long on the sides, and then i'll be ready to buy the material.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment