Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bridal jewellery

Now that my dress is finished and the petticoat almost completed, i've started looking at bridal jewellery. I've found a design online at http://kiwijewels.com/ that i am going to modify for my lariat necklace. They make and sell heaps of different designs on their site, and will make you something to order if nothing suits or you want different colours.

The necklace i'm looking at is on page 2, and is made out of freshwater rice pearls and Swarovski crystals. I don't want to use real pearls though on something i'm only planning to wear for the wedding and may or may not wear again, so instead of buying the real one from them i'm going to make my own version with plastic pearls. I'm also going to modify the tassels at the end of the lariat, to incorporate a beautiful heart chain that I found at Benjamin's Crafts.

I'll also make earrings and a bracelet to match. The earrings are going to be styled like the ends of the lariat. I haven't yet decided on the bracelet design - tossing up between making it with rice pearls on tiger tail (like the necklace), or pearls and crystals hanging off the heart chain (like the earrings). At the moment i'm leaning towards rice pearls on memory wire wrapped around my wrist several times, and finished with a pearl or crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment