Monday, November 2, 2009

Dress bag completed

After sewing the shoulder pieces on inside out no less than 3 times.... i managed to get it right and have finished sewing my dress bag. I made it out of ripstop nylon (same waterproof fabric used for shower curtains), gave it a 5 inch gusset to allow my dress to fit in easily and a zip along one side. I've sewed ribbons onto my dress and my petticoat to allow them to hang from a regular shirt hanger - the ribbons will be removed when i wear the dress and i'll sew them back on the next day, so they can be hung up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment