Thursday, April 29, 2010

Starting our DIY wedding invitations

We've just started on the invitations this week. After some problems with the ink cartridges i bought for my printer (one cartridge was faulty) i've so far printed most of the invitations, the Perth reception, and RSVPs using my old cartridge - lucky it's got enough ink left. I printed out the Rome reception cards as well, but after cutting them i realised that i had not left room for the patterned strip of paper on the side, so have decided to reprint - it's about 6 pages worth.

I laid out the design for the invitations and am really pleased with it, it has come together exactly as i envisioned it. The picture on the right is of the invitations, with details blanked out for security. I wasn't so pleased with the Rome reception cards which made us decide to reprint rather than change the design and use them as is.

It took me two nights to print, and another two nights to do the cutting for about 30 invitations. I'm only doing a few hours at a time so it stays fun watching them come together. I'm waiting on Rob to get back with a few missing details for some last minute additions to the guest list, and i'll be able to print out the rest of the invitations. We had room for some extra guests after a falling out with a particular group of friends 6 months ago.

Rob's going to buy us some more double-sided tape and envelopes tonight from Officeworks, and that should mean we can complete the invitation packs by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment